Comprehensive Eye Exams in McKinney
Eye Care for Everyone
Going in for regular eye check-ups are just as important as any other routine medical examination. Eye exams are a good way to determine whether or not a patient is at risk for common eye diseases and if their overall health is in good shape. If you are interested in looking into an exam for you or your family, don’t hesitate to contact our trusted experts at Heritage Eye Center.
Eye Examinations Offered
- Cataract evaluation - We evaluate your eyes for cataracts using tests such as visual acuity, contrast sensitivity, pupil dilation, and assessment of the retinal health.
- Pterygium evaluation - This evaluation consists of assessing the extent of intrusion onto the cornea, level of visual acuity, extraocular movement examination, and your rate of growth.
- Plaquenil evaluation - Screening for plaquenil involves a full eye exam in addition to automated visual fields, spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT), and fundus autofluorescence (FAF).
- Diabetic Eye Disease evaluation - DED evaluation consists of pupil dilation and retinal assessment to examine for bleeding, leakage, or abnormal growth of blood vessels.
- Dry Eye/Allergy evaluation - A dry eye evaluation makes use of the Schirmer test in order to measure the amount of tears produced and collected within five minutes. Another test uses specialized eyedrops to analyze patterns on the corneas and determine the time length it takes before teardrops evaporate.
- Eye Health evaluation - A comprehensive ocular health evaluation incorporates a dilated eye exam, assessment of your corneas, screening for glaucoma, and examination of ocular motility.
- Lid evaluation Oculoplastics - This evaluation involves a thorough eyelid analysis, evaluation for lacrimal gland prolapse and concurrent ptosis, evaluation of eyelid malposition, and eyelash position.
- Eyelash Treatment Evaluation - We use LATISSE®; an FDA-approved treatment to grow eyelashes for people with inadequate or not enough lashes.
- Glaucoma evaluation - Our extensive glaucoma evaluations examine the pressure within your eye (tonometry), the health of your optic nerve (ophthalmoscopy), your complete field of vision (perimetry), wideness or narrowness of your eyes’ iridocorneal angles (gonioscopy), and thickness of your corneas (pachymetry).
- Macular Degeneration evaluation - This screening consists of a complete eye exam with dilation and may include using the Amsler grid, visual field testing, digital retinal photography, optical coherence tomography (OCT), ophthalmoscopy, and fluorescein angiography.
- Chalazion/Stye evaluation - This is a specific eyelid examination where biomicroscopy is utilized to analyze the condition of the sebaceous (meibomian) glands as well as to see if any lumps reside underneath the eyelid.
We offer a wide rang of exams - if you don't see one you're looking for listed above, feel free to give us a call at (972) 430-4764 today and we'll gladly assist you!